Technologies at eVolpe Software House
PHP software development language
PHP is an interpreted scripting language designed to generate web pages and build web applications. It is most commonly used to create the script on a server side (back-end). It can also be applied to process data from the command line, or even to write programs working in the graphic mode.
PHP is commonly used for:
- web pages and web-based applications – PHP is used by over 82% of websites for server-side programming also over 244 million websites are built using PHP,
- web content management systems (for example WordPress, the user-facing portion of Facebook, Silverstripe, MediaWiki, Joomla),
- eCommerce applications (for example: OpenCart, Magento, PrestaShop, Zen Cart, AgoraCart),
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) – based applications – tools like PHP-GTK 2, DevelStudio allow scripting in PHP, compiling it into .exe capable of running standalone,
- Flash – with the use of open source library, such as Ming, PHP allows creating SWF format movies which include most of the features of Flash,
- image processing and graphic design – apart from managing text content, PHP can also be used to manipulate images,
- data representation – through a use of tools like Image_Graph, PHP can be used to create a variety of graphs, charts or scatter dot plots and other means of graphical representations.